Assignments

Wood Transfer

Photography Career Tree Q’s

The three jobs I would be interested in would be real estate photographer, portraits photographer, and also digital editing technician. I am interested in these three jobs as they all seem interesting depending on the environment. Each job has ups and downs but I believe all three of these jobs will be successful and fun to do. I would like to work in a place where its a photographic environment as well as not too chaotic of an environment. The salary I am unsure of how much it would because I don’t know how much a photographer would make. I think it all depends on how much time and effort as well as how many photographs were taken.

Me+Myself

Black, White, Grays

What’s In My Head?

Food – Strawberries

Online Inspiration

Kinoptic Art

Touch Series

Cheer Picture -replacement

Fashion/Advertising

Grad. Cover

Rene helped in designing the grad cover

Cubism

Double Lighting

Valentines Day Card

Artist Statement

Motion Blur

Body, Shape, & Form

• Present your opinion of the work’s success or failure.  Successful 
  • What qualities of the work make you feel it is a success or failure?  I think the qualities in which brought this image together is that all 3 images go very well together, they all highlight her head/lips, also the dimple on her cheeks add more to the image itself. .
  • What criteria can you list to help others judge this work?  I would like others to judge my work as a triptych as when I shot these images I didn’t see it until I saw all 3 images together on the screen but to me it showed a message of some sorts. The message it showed was to an outsider or even just a friend who doesn’t know you fully it may seem like your calm and serious on the outside but in reality your going crazy in your own head and nobody knows. 
  • Describe how the work makes you think or feel. Support your statement with what in the work leads you to feel those emotion.  Proud and confident as it sends out some sort of a message well to those who read more into an image, instead of just looking at it. 

Keith Haring

Light Painting

Mixed Media

Bookface

Sandy Skoglund

Screen Print

Scavenger Hunt

Multiple Exposure w/slow shutter speed

Political Issue

Senior Portraits

DSLR CAMERA AND LENS PPT

1. DSLR = Digital Single Lens Reflex
  2. Mirror inside to let you preview
  3. DSLR have detachable lens
  4. Prime lens only one focal length
  5. zoom lens has a variable of focus lengths
  6.  kit lens is a basic lens that comes with a camera body
  7. There is a difference between zoom and focus
  8. keep in mind the ISO, Aperture, and Shutter Speed
  9. ISO = International Organization For Standards
  10. ISO how sensitive film is to light
  11. High ISO is more sensitive meaning less light in order to get right exposure
  12. Low ISO more light available
  13. High ISO less light available
  14. Low ISO used to avoid grain/noise
  15. Shutter speed how long the shutter is open
  16. Higher Shutter speed used to capture fast action
  17. Tripods to stabilize camera
  18. Aperture known also as f-stop
  19. Small number larger opening
  20. Different programs for each occasion
  21. M(Manual) for when in control of everything
  22. P(Program) camera sets shutter speed and aperture but you choose ISO
  23. A-Dep(Automatic Depth of Field) camera chooses aperture and shutter speed for best depth of field
  24. Tv(Shutter speed Priority) you choose shutter speed camera sets everything else
  25. CA (Creative Auto) camera does almost everything except you choose brightness, depth of field, and picture style

Block Printing/Carving

Double Color Exposure

Collage

Read & Write

Photography as a way of life should not be taken for granted. It is a way people make money to live their life. Its nothing compared to being a police officer or doctor but it is a lot of work, time and effort to do what a photographer does. They make sure they are in charge of arranging their photo shoots unlike an actor who depends on someone to get them a job segment. Photography right not is very current. It is a job that is in demand by a lot of people right now. A photographer may not have ideal “office hours” but they are in charge of arranging time for themselves, they are there own boss. Some days may be spent just editing, the photos or emailing clients, while other days are consistent of taking pictures. You just have to balance it out so there won’t be a big workload. Photography can start as a small career but later on it may take you places you may have never even thought you would work at. SO next time you think photography is a simple and easy job think twice.

Image Projection

Mirror Image 

Shallow Depth of Field 

Triptych

Read & Write

1. The aperture of the camera is an adjustable lens which controls how much sunlight is let in. Shutter speed is the speed at which the shutter closes. ISO is how sensitive the camera is to light.
  2. ISO of a camera should be adjusted due to light conditions.
  3. shutter speed and aperture priority is allowing light to come into the camera, depends how close image is and how it is taken.
  4. AF mode is an autofocus setting and you would have to change the lens in order to change modes.
  5. Need to meter the light in any picture to get the correct exposure.
  6. White balance is used to adjust other colors, this also helps with matching the colors with the source of lighting used.
  7. Depth of field is when the focus is on the object closest to the camera. The background is blurry. Sharp or good depth of field is when everything is extremely in focus.
  8. Metering modes is the way the camera determines the correct shutter speed and aperture depending on the image.
  9. Exposure compensation is used to adjust exposure to make image lighter/darker.